Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Fwd: Found


---

AAR Lost or Found Pet Blog Administrator


-------- Original Message --------

Subject: Found
Date: 2022-04-11 19:28
From: Marla Ruzicka <marlaruzicka@me.com>
To: lostandfoundpets@aartexas.org


***Stray/Loose dog***
Our neighbor and ourselves were able to coax this sweet boy into our backyard last night (he would probably prefer our house)
This morning I was able to spend sometime with him…I got the harness off, but there's no information on the inside.  His nails are trimmed or just worn down from walking and his gums, teeth and ears look healthy.  He is a little skinny, but is happily eating now that I'm outside with him.  He is biting himself and scratching, so most likely fleas, plus the mosquitos are buzzing around after that short shower. No evidence of ticks.
He knows "sit" and will patiently wait for a kibble reward, and has made no attempts to get out of the yard.
I looked up the brand of harness: it’s a Bumbin Tactical Harness for medium dogs, and cost around $25 on Amazon.
He is or was someone’s pet.   He’s been seen in our subdivision over the last two weeks and made his way to my house yesterday evening.  There have been multiple post about home and I’ve posted on NextDoor, FB as well. He’s also on Paw Boost (not my post)

We have indoor cats so I’m hesitant to let him in the house.  He is definitely a “herding breed” looks like a shepherd mix.  I think he’s probably fairly young and he is intact.  I would say he is medium in size, and around 30-40 pounds.
He was checked for a microchip with negative results.

Thank you,
Marla Ruzicka
*I also sent an email to dogs@AAR before I learned about this email address




M

No comments:

Post a Comment