Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Fwd: Re: We have an Abandoned Dog - 18months old


---

AAR Lost / Found Public Service Blog

For info on surrendering to AAR, visit www.aartexas.org and click on Contact Us



-------- Original Message --------

Subject: Re: We have an Abandoned Dog - 18months old
Date: 2019-09-16 12:29
From: Erika Castillo <eegarcia35@gmail.com>
To: AAR Lost Found Blog <lostandfoundpets@aartexas.org>


Thank you for your response.
 
I went ahead and took the dog to get him up to dates. He's heartworm negative. 
 Prior Owner who surrendered him did provide me which his shot records from 2017; if needed. 

On Mon, Sep 16, 2019 at 10:02 AM AAR Lost Found Blog <lostandfoundpets@aartexas.org> wrote:

Your email has been forwarded to AAR's Intake Volunteer. Please know that AAR is a limited-intake shelter and maintains a waiting list for new dogs until we have space due to adoptions.  Hopefully Sandy will be able to tell you how many dogs she currently has on the list.  Good luck in getting help for this dog soon.

---

AAR Lost / Found Public Service Blog

For info on surrendering to AAR, visit www.aartexas.org and click on Contact Us



On 2019-09-14 06:04, Erika Castillo wrote:

I'm looking for help to turn over a Pitbull and have had no luck. He has an owner who doesn't seem to care for him and I have a female dog who doesn't get along with him.
 
See found and kept Buddy (real name Blue) for over two months until owner was found or we could no longer keep him. On 8/25 Owner found Blue while my daughter walked him around the neighborhood as she did every day in hopes to see if the day would come that the owner appeared - and it did. To our surprise, she no longer wanted him back and told my daughter keep him. When I received the call from my daughter I was taken by surprise and was shock to hear that especially since Blue is trained. He knows commands and is great with my children.
 
I explained to her how my female dog does not get along with him and that we couldn't keep him any longer. She ignored me completely continued going on about how my daughter is attached to him and so I felt the best was for my daughter to take him back home with us. Well days after my female attacked him and then attacked him again but this last time it was worst then before. One of my daughters tried to intervine and that's when I realized it was too much for us with both dogs in the house; so I had no choice but to reach out to the owner and tell her she either gets him or I will have to take him to the pound. On 9/7/19 she agreed to take him back and said she has a neighbor who is interested and wanted Blue. 
 
Well since this past weekend has escaped from her yard three times. 
First time a neighbor posted a comment on my original post about Buddy which I guided her to the owner. 
Second time 9/11/19 he found his way back to my home. 
Third time 9/14. I took Blue back to owner on 9/13 and well this morning I was awaken at 6am to my daughter saying Blue is in our backyard barking to come into our house. We again have blue but can't keep him for long and the owner is not keeping him secured to prevent him from escaping. 
 He's such a sweet boy and I wish my female would tolerate him but due to our circumstances we can't have both. 
 
Would you be able to assist? Please advise, thank you. 
 
 
--
Thank you, 
 
Erika Castillo
Ph: 713-319-7092

--

Thank you, 
 
Erika Castillo
Ph: 713-319-7092

No comments:

Post a Comment